Mslexia, the magazine for women who write | www.mslexia.co.uk
Advertise with Mslexia
Reach more than 27,000 writing women
Mslexia is a creative writing magazine like no other – a rich blend of literary content, contemporary design and high-quality production, Mslexia is both an industry-renowned platform for women writers and highly desirable, collection publication.
- UK's leading quarterly creative writing magazine
- Circulation: 9,000, with an estimated readership of 27,000 per issue.
- Mslexia provides a unique mix of advice, interviews, industry news and inspiration, all served up with an exciting selection of new poetry and prose. The eleven-page Directory provides up to date listings of competitions, submissions, courses, retreats and literary events.
- Our magazine is a high-quality, collectable publication – many of our readers retain it for reference, so your ad will keep on working for you months after publication.
- Mslexia is available at many libraries and selected bookshops across the country.
- Our advertisers tell us that Mslexia readers are more responsive than those of any other literary or writing publication.
Who are Mslexia’s readers?
- Affluent ABC1 readership
- Highly educated – 84% have first degrees, 45% have a post-graduate education
- Well read – 35% own over 1,000 books; 59% have 2/3 books on the go at one time
- 70% are aged between 25 and 55
- 56% say they are influenced by a magazine or newspaper feature
- 60% submit work for publication
- 55% attend literary events
For more information and to discuss your advertising requirements in print and online, contact us.
Dimensions (magazine ads)
|Full page portrait (with border)||273 x 186mm|
|Full page||trim size, 297 x 210mm
(bleed needed of extra 3 mm)
|1/2 page landscape||134 x 186mm|
|1/2 page portrait||273 x 90mm|
|1/4 page||134 x 90mm|
|1/8 page||64 x 90mm|
Publishing deadlines (magazine)
ISSUE: JUN/JUL/AUG 2013
BOOK BY: 2 MAY
ARTWORK/ COPY BY: 8 MAY
PUBLICATION DATE: 3 JUNE
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Advertisements for publication in Mslexia are accepted at the discretion of Mslexia Publications Limited.
- All artwork and other advertisement material is held at the owner’s risk.
- Advertisers and their agents warrant that copy and illustrations do not infringe any law, and contain no matter that is libellous or objectionable.
- Mslexia Publications Limited reserves the right to make an additional charge for advertisements involving additional production work or major alterations.
- Mslexia Publications Limited is not liable for any loss or damage from error, late publication, non-publication, or failure of an advertisement to appear.
- Payment terms are strictly thirty days from date of invoice.
- ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO 20% VAT
Our advert in Mslexia did better than all our other ads. We've had more submissions from Mslexia readers than anywhere else. The standard of writing is very high.
Asham Short Story Competition
Mslexia is a much more honest, creditable and attractive publication than its rivals. They offer a straightforward policy on ads and Mslexia readers are smarter, more ambitious and write better.
The Writers' Workshop
We are delighted with the response from our ad in Mslexia. Not only did we get lots of signs-ups for our Storyville master-classes, we also had agents and publishers approaching us. Mslexia helped us to stir up lots of interest in the publishing world.
co-founder of Storyville Writing Academy
Mslexia is a wonderfully informative and readable magazine. It's so hard to get our books stocked by bookshops these days, so Mslexia is one of the only ways of reaching our target audience – and we always get good results with our adverts.
Diamond Twig Press